Among all the ancient Sanskrit mantras, the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is considered as the most powerful. It is a mantra that has many names and forms of Lord Shiva. Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is a blend of three language words i.e “Maha”-which means great, “Mrityun”-means death and “Jaya“-means victory, which is translated as a victory over death. It is also famously called the “Tryambakam Mantra”. The Maaha Mrityunjaya Mantra was given to Rishi Markandeya by Lord Shiva.
Benefits of Maha Mrityunjaya Puja
The Maha Mrityunjaya puja is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is believed to be one of the most powerful rituals in Hinduism. It is performed to get relief from several health problems. It is said that conducting the puja showers the person with health, happiness, and good fortune. He/she also gets free from all kinds of problems in life. The jaap of the Maha Mrityunjaya mantra during the puja is said to eliminate the fear of mortality and ailments and increase the longevity of one’s life.
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra-
“Om Tryambakam yajamahe, Sugandhim pushtivardhanam !
Urvarukamiva bandhanan, Mrithyor mukshiya mamrithaath !!”
Maha Mrityunjaya Puja Vidhi-
- The puja should be conducted in an ethical way following all the rules to get better results.
- Puja Offerings – Ganga Jal, cow, milk, ghee, honey, sugar, white cloth, betel nuts, tulsi and bel leaves, datura, bhang, sandalwood paste, rice, lamps, incense, flowers, fruits, and sweets, roli, sacred red and white thread, etc.
- The Maha Mrityunjaya Japa mantra is repeated 108 times with the Japamala.
- Then, the Abhishekam is performed with milk and flowers are offered to Shiv Ling.
- Then Sankalp is performed i.e. flowing water into a pot and asking for Lord Shiva’s blessings.
- Havan is performed at the end of Maaha Mrityunjaya Japa.
Started by IIT graduates, DevDarshan is Devotional Platform for 5000+ Hindu Temples in the Indian Subcontinent. DevDarshan’s long term vision is to provide a digital platform to Temples and Gurus for sharing the millennia-old teachings of Indian culture in the world and by doing so, projecting Bharat (India) as Vishwa Guru (Universal Leader) through its rich cultural and spiritual heritage.
DevDarshan facilitates online Daily Darshan, Pujas and digital donations for Devotees. Now, due to the present state of the pandemic, most of the temples have shifted to conducting online Maaha Mrityunjaya Puja for the convenience of the devotees. However, it becomes a bit of a hassle to connect to the Mandir priests to get the puja conducted. Dev Darshan can come to your rescue at that moment. Dev Darshan is a platform which provides a smooth interaction between the temple houses and the devotees without much worry and hassle. It also conducts online Pujas such as online Maha Mrityunjaya Puja. Check out the online services provided by Dev Darshan here and get your bookings done in one click.