Shanidev is often referred to as the angriest deity in Hinduism. A lot of devotees fear him and panic a lot if they get Shani Mahadasha or Shani Sade Sati in their horoscope. Saturn is considered to be a very negative planet in astrology. Lord Shani gets extremely pleased with the devotees who try to live a simple and sinless life. Worshipping Shanidev helps the devotees to enjoy a blissful life with good health, wealth, career and prosperity. Shani Sade Sati is a 7.5-year period that occurs when Saturn transits to the 12th, 1st, and 2nd houses from the natal moon. During this time, an individual may find it difficult to maintain a balanced lifestyle. However, by overcoming the challenges, an individual can emerge stronger and wiser. Fasting on Saturdays is one of the most effective measures that can be taken to nullify the effects of Sade Sati.
Phases of Shani Sade Sati
There are 3 phases of Shani Sade Sati. These 3 phases are categorized as the transit of Saturn from the natal moon to the 3 houses I.e. the 12th, 1st and the 2nd house.
First Phase of Shani Sade Sati
In this phase, Saturn or Shani enters into the 12th house from one’s birth chart and stays there for 2.5 years. Some major issues people face during this time are loneliness, alienation, relationship issues with partners and fights or arguments with parents and other elders.
Second Phase of Sade Sati
Saturn transits from the 12th house and moves into the 1st house during the second phase of Sade Sati. It stays there for another 2.5 years. This period is the peak of Sade Sati and people need to be extremely careful during this period. Sudden health issues, differences between friends, financial losses, debt, etc. are some of the crucial problems individuals face during the second phase.
Third Phase of Shani Sade Sati
This is the final phase of Sade Sati in which Shani or Saturn transits from the 1st house to the 2nd house. It stays there for 2.5 years. This phase benefits the person under the influence of Sade Sati. These years give relief to the person from the pain, suffering and miseries faced during the 5 years of the previous 2 phases. There can be some minor issues but overall this period helps the person rebuild the lost things and get back stability in life.
Effects of Shani Sade Sati
- One of the most effective ways of knowing if a person is going through the Shani Sade Sati phase is to check the colour of their palm lines. These lines may turn black or blue if the individual has a malefic Shani in his/her horoscope.
- Individuals may turn aggressive and remain annoyed all the time. They may also face the fear of having their public image tarnished and remain very careful regarding it.
- People under the influence of Shani Sade Sati face a change in their thoughts as well as speech. They also become indecisive in nature.
- Facing difficulties in the workspace, be it communicating with people or not being able to keep up with the expectations of the boss or not being able to grasp the work properly is another effect of the influence of Shani Sade Sati.
- Self-doubt, loss of self-respect, anxiety and feeling below-confident are some of the symptoms too. People may also feel insecure about their looks, weight, etc. There’s this constant feeling that “I’m not enough”.
- You might also feel trapped in a monotonous routine and feel like there’s no way out. This is another major effect that indicates that a person is going through the Shani Sade Sati phase.
- If you’re getting badly trapped in debt or facing sudden financial losses, that is another major sign of the influence of the Shani Sade Sati phase.
Don’ts During Shani Sade Sati
- Avoid taking risks during this period. Don’t do anything involving any risk factor since it may backfire.
- Don’t argue with other people, be it colleagues, friends, parents or siblings. Avoid situations that may lead to arguments.
- Avoid planning for travels that include trekking, scuba diving, water sports or air sports.
- Be extra careful while using a vehicle, be it a bike or a car during the Shani Sade Sati period. Individuals are prone to accidents during this period.
- Don’t buy or wear black coloured clothes on Tuesdays and Saturdays since it’s considered inauspicious.
- Avoid addiction to alcohol, drugs, smoking, etc. during this phase.
- You should also avoid travelling at night during this period.
Remedies to Get Rid of Shani Sade Sati
Shanidev gives to his devotees according to their karma. So doing good deeds is extremely important. Here are some of the remedies you can do to nullify the effects of Shani Sade Sati.
- Worship Lord Hanuman on Tuesdays and Saturdays and read the Hanuman Chalisa. The Hanuman Chalisa is a powerful text and can be extremely helpful in reducing the malefic effects of Shani. Chanting ‘Om Hanumate Namah’ every day during the period of Sade Sati also helps a lot.
- Visit a Shani Temple every Saturday. Offer black sesame seeds, black urad lentils, black cloth and mustard oil to the Lord. This is very effective in reducing the wrath of Lord Shani.
- Go barefoot to a Shani Temple for 43 consecutive days without fail. Many people consider this remedy to be extremely fruitful during the Sade Sati phase.
- Offer water to a peepal tree every Tuesday and Saturday and worship it. This is another effective remedy to do during the Sade Sati period.
- Donating or doing charity work on Saturday is very fruitful as a remedy. Feed beggars and other poor and needy people and donate them some clothes and other essentials.
- Perform a Shani Grah Shanti Puja with full devotion to please Lord Shani Dev and nullify the negative impact of Shani Sade Sati. Conducting a Havan in your house and office to ward off evil eyes and negative forces is also very fruitful.
- Chant various Shani Mantras regularly during this period. Some of the important Shani Mantras include Shani Beej Mantra, Shani Gayatri Mantra etc.
Shani Mantras to Chant to Get Rid of Shani Sade Sati
Shani Maha Mantra
|| Om Nilanjana samabhasam raviputram yamagrajam ||
|| Chaya martanda sambhutam tam namami shaishcharam ||
ॐ निलान्जन समाभासं रविपुत्रं यमाग्रजम।
छायामार्तंड संभूतं तं नमामि शनैश्चरम॥
Shani Mantra for Success
|| Om Shri Shani Devaayah Namo Namh ||
|| Om Shri Shani Devaayah Shanti Bhavah ||
|| Omm Shri Shani Devaayah Shubham Falh ||
|| Om Shri Shani Devaayah Falh Prapti Falh ||
ॐ श्री शनी देवायः नमो नमः
ॐ श्री शनि देवायः शान्ति भवः
ॐ/ श्री शनि देवायः शुभं फलः
ॐ श्री शनि देवायः फलः प्राप्ति फलः
7Shani Moola Mantra
|| Om Sham Shanaiscaryaye Namah ||
ॐ शम शनैस्चर्याये नमः
Shani Gayatri Mantra
|| Om kaakadhwajaaya vidmahae ||
|| khadga hastaaya dheemahi ||
|| tanno mandah prachodayaat ||
ॐ काकध्वजय विद्महे”
खड्ग हस्तय धिमही
तन्नो मंडः प्रचोदयात
Shani Beej Mantra
|| Om praam preem praum sah shanayishraya namah ||
ॐ प्रां प्रेम प्रयां सह शंभुरया नमः।
DevDarshan is a platform that provides various Online puja and services for the devotees. Click here to get your online puja bookings done. If you’re interested in knowing more about the rich history, culture, temples and astrology of India, then download the DevDarshan App on your mobile phone now.