Amavasya has special significance in the Hindu culture. The Amavasya that falls on a Monday is called Somvati Amavasya. The Amavasya holds special significance in Hinduism. Women perform special pujas on Somvati Amavasya for the longevity of their husbands, to remove their pain and sorrow through Shiva Puja and to offer prayers to the ancestors. Somvati Amavasya 2023 will be celebrated on February 20 and November 13, which both falls on Monday. Know the method of worship on Somvati Amavasya, Muhurta and some special remedies that can remove negativity from life.
When is Somvati Amavasya in 2023
There are only two Somvati Amavasyas in the year 2023. One is on February 20, 2023, Monday and the other on November 13, 2023, Monday. The Somvati Amavasya which falls on February 20 and November 13 are very special since the position of the planets on this day will be very favourable. Auspicious planets like Saturn, Jupiter and Venus will be in their respective zodiac signs.
Somvati Amavasya 2023 Puja Vidhi (Worship Method)
There is a law to consecrate Lord Shiva on the day of Somvati Amavasya. On this day Lord Shiva should be anointed through a Rudrabhishek Paath. Also, if you are consecrating the Lord all by yourself at home or in any temple, it can be performed with a special hymn. Shri Ganesh and Maa Gauri should also be worshipped before Rudrabhishek. Also, 16 ‘Matrikas’ are worshipped after this.
Then Lord Shiva should be invoked with Vedic mantras and anointed with Panchamrit and Gangajal or pure water. Then, the idol of the Lord is cleaned with a fresh cloth and then fruits, flowers, sweets and naivedya are offered to him. Lord Shiva is also adorned with beautiful makeup (Shringaar). Goddess Parvati should also be worshipped along with Lord Shiva on this day. On Somvati Amavasya 2023, you can get blessings from Lord Shiva to fulfil all your wishes by performing Rudrabhishek and Shiva Puja.
Know the significance of Rudrabhishek Puja
How to Offer Tarpan to the Ancestors on Amavasya
You can worship for the peace of your ancestors on the day of Somvati Amavasya 2023. There is also a rule to perform this puja around 12 noon.
- On Amavasya, pour black sesame seeds in water and offer Arghya to the ancestors while meditating about them.
- Offer milk, curd, kheer, gangajal, black sesame, sugar, rice, water and flowers to a peepal tree.
- Chant the mantra || Om Pitrubhyo Namah || You can also chant the Pitru Sukta.
- On any new moon day, the ancestors should be worshipped facing the south.
Some Special Remedies for Somvati Amavasya 2023
On Somvati Amavasya 2023, you can remove various troubles from your life with some special measures. Know the simple remedies that give extraordinary results.
1. Pitra Dosh Shanti Puja on Amavasya is immediately fruitful. Also, if you have Pitra Dosh in your Kundli, then you should get solutions to eliminate its malefic effects on Somvati Amavasya.
2. Donating clothes of your choice to the poor and needy in memory of your ancestors is very helpful and gives great benefits.
3. If you are not able to make financial progress, then you should definitely light a lamp in any Shiva temple on the night of Somvati Amavasya.
4. Taking a dip or bathing in any holy river on Somvati Amavasya gives freedom from many defects in the horoscope.
5. By performing 108 circumambulations (Parikrama) of peepal or tulsi on Somvati Amavasya, the wishes of the devotees are fulfilled.
Also, learn about Sarva Pitru Amavasya
Check out various Online Puja and services provided by DevDarshan here and get your bookings done in one click. Also, if you want to know more about Indian culture, Indian Temples, Pujas and festivals, then download the DevDarshan App. Don’t forget to share this blog if you liked it.