Laxmi Puja is a famous Hindu religious festival that falls on Amavasya of Krishna Paksha and is observed on the third day of the Diwali festival period. It is dedicated to Goddess Laxmi who is depicted as the goddess of wealth, prosperity, fortune, luxury and beauty. According to Hindu Puranas, Laxmi emerged from the water along with the nectar during the churning of the ocean done by the Gods and Demons. Goddess Laxmi is also the wife of Lord Vishnu. It is believed that any ritual or puja is incomplete without the worship of Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha. Before any auspicious venture praying to Lord Ganesh and Goddess Lakshmi for success and prosperity is customary.
In 2023, Laxmi Puja falls on Sunday, November 12, 2023. Let’s find the Muhurat and Timings of Lakshmi Puja
Laxmi Puja Muhurat and Timings
- Lakshmi Puja Muhurat: 06:11 p.m to 08:15 p.m
- Duration: 02 Hours 04 minutes
- Pradosh Kaal: 05:59 p.m to 08:26 p.m
- Vrishabha Kaal: 06:11 p.m to 08:15 p.m
- Amavasya Tithi Starts: 02:44 p.m on November 12, 2023
- Amavasya Tithi Ends: 02:56 p.m on November 13, 2023
Let’s Find the Timings of Bhai Dooj
Legend Behind Laxmi Puja
Benefits of Conducting Laxmi Puja
Ensures a peaceful and harmonious family life
- Removes obstacles and negativity in personal and professional life
- Resolves all financial issues
- Helps one achieve success in all ventures of life
- Blesses one with beauty and intelligence
- Gives one power, success and prosperity
Also, find the Benefits behind Conducting Lord Vishnu Puja
Basic Puja Requirements – Laxmi Puja Samagri
Laxmi Puja is marked by keeping the house spotlessly clean on the puja day since goddess Laxmi prefers cleanliness. This is also one of the reasons why the broom is worshipped in some places that day with turmeric and vermilion. It is also marked by lighting Diyas and lamps all over the house in the evening. It is believed that the Diyas light up the path and make it easy for Goddess to enter into the house.
Check out various Online Puja and services provided by DevDarshan here and get your bookings done in one click. If you want to know more about Indian culture, Indian Temples, Pujas and festivals, then download the DevDarshan App. Don’t forget to share this blog if you liked it.