Rahu Shanti Puja is a ritualistic practice which is performed to get rid of the destructive effects of the malefic planet Rahu from one’s horoscope. In this Puja, Lord Rahu is worshipped with full dedication and various mantras related to Rahu such as Rahu Shanti Jaap are chanted 18000 times to nullify the negative impact of Rahu. The puja is then followed by a Havan in which Pure Ghee and other sacred puja materials related to Lord Rahu are offered in the Fire (Agni) of the Havan Kund to reduce the effects and maximize the benefits of Rahu.
Let’s get to know more about Rahu Shanti Puja, its benefits, puja procedure and Mantras
About Rahu Graha
Rahu is often known to be a planet that is very fierce and powerful and can give negative consequences if wrongly placed in one’s horoscope. Rahu is a shadow planet which is believed to control an individual’s name, fame, emotions, greed, desires, excitement, obsession, manipulation and intelligence. If Rahu Graha is malefic in one’s horoscope, then the person develops Rahu Dosha and it can create a lot of destruction such as issues within the family, misunderstanding between partners, depression, anxiety, financial losses, chronic health issues, lack of focus and a lot more. When Rahu plays a harmful role in one’s life, it becomes a master of pain and suffering. It is significant to know that Rahu is more unfriendly to the Sun in comparison to the Moon. Rahu is the ruling planet of 3 Nakshatras which include: Ardra, Swati and Satabhisha Nakshatras.
Rahu Shanti Puja Benefits
Relief from Health Issues
If Rahu is wrongly positioned in the horoscope which is called Rahu Dosha, then it can create a wide range of problems including health issues such as abdominal ulcers, brain-related diseases, stomach-related problems, Arthritis, and heart disease, gout, leprosy, etc. Conducting Rahu Shanti Puja can be helpful in either preventing these diseases or reducing the painful effects of these diseases.
Relief from Frustration and Better Focus
Rahu Grah puja is believed to calm one’s mind and soul and give relief from all kinds of stress, tension and frustration in life. It controls mind instability which in turn helps the devotees in having a better focus and concentration on the work they’re pursuing.
Growth in Education, Job, Business
This puja is also known to protect the devotees from sudden failures in education, business or job. It also helps the devotees in having a smooth educational experience, getting a promotion in a job or earning greater profit in business.
Victory over Enemies
Rahu Shanti Puja is considered to be very fruitful for warding off evil energies or negative forces. It also helps devotees to gather the strength and courage for getting victory over enemies.
Protection against Unexpected Losses
Conducting Rahu Shanti Puja is one of the best remedies for Rahu Shanti. It gives protection to the devotees from fear of premature death, unprecedented accidents, misfortunes and unexpected losses.
Growth in One’s Spiritual Journey
Conducting the Puja can help the devotees in strengthening their minds, attaining greater heights of spirituality and hence opening a better pathway towards moksha or salvation.
For Resolving Financial Issues
Devotees might have to face a lot of financial losses due to the malefic effects of planet Rahu. In that case, performing a Rahu Shanti Puja is extremely beneficial for financial progress, debt relief, name, fame, greater wealth and prosperity.
Solution to Rahu Mahadasha and Antardasha
Rahu Mahadasha and Rahu Antardasha are known to create a lot of problems and hindrances in one’s life. People suffering from Rahu Mahadasha and Antardasha should definitely perform Rahu Shanti Puja to get rid of their pain and suffering. The puja is one of the most preferred remedies for Rahu Shanti and helps in nullifying the fierceness of Rahu in one’s horoscope.
Puja Materials for Rahu Shanti Puja
Dhoop (incense sticks), oil lamp, mango leaves, butter, red vermillion, Janeyu, sandalwood, camphor, honey, sugar, rice, betel nut, flowers, betel leaf, fruits, sweets, Gangajal (holy water of river Ganga), Kalava (earthen pot), Havan mix and pink cloth.
Required Information of the Host
- Name of the person
- Family’s Gotra
- Father’s name
- Date and Day of birth
- Time of Birth
Rahu Shanti Puja Procedure
- Get up early in the morning and have a bath. Wear clean clothes and take a Rahu Shanti Sankalp to perform the puja with utmost dedication.
- Then clean the puja place and place the idol or picture of Rahu on a pedestal. Adorn it with a fresh pink cloth.
- Then do “Kalash Sthapana” near the idol of Rahu. The Kalash contains water on which mango leaves are placed. On top of that, a coconut is placed.
- Offer flowers, betel leaves, oil lamp, incense sticks, vermillion and sweets, fruits, honey and sugar as Bhog to the Lord.
- Perform the Aarti and worship the Lord with full devotion.
- After that Rahu Shanti Havan is performed in which Lord Shiva, Lord Ganesha and Lord Rahu are invoked. The havan is performed by a learned priest.
- Reciting the Rahu Shanti mantra || Om bhram bhreem bhroum sah rahave namah ||, 18000 times is considered very auspicious.
- Lastly, donating clothes and food to the poor children on the day of puja helps to make the puja fruitful.
Mantras For Rahu Shanti Puja
Rahu Shanti Mantra
|| ॐ रहुवे देवाये शान्तिम, रहुवे कृपाये करोति,
रहुअए चमाए अभिलाषित, ॐ रहुवे नमः नमः ||
|| Om Rahuve Devaye Shantim, Rahuve Kripaaye Karoti,
Rahuaye Chamaaye Abhilaashat, Om Rahuve Namoh Namah ||
Rahu Gayatri Mantra
॥ॐ शिरोरूपाय विद्महे अमृतेशाय धीमहि तन्नो राहु: प्रचोदयात॥
“Om Shirorupay Vidmahe Amritaishay Dhimahi Tantro Prachodayat”
This Mantra should be chanted at dawn, at noon or during the sunset.
Rahu Sattvic Mantra
॥ ॐ रां राहवे नम: ॥
॥ Om ram rahave namah ॥
Rahu Tantrik Mantra:
॥ॐ भ्रां भ्रीं भ्रौं स: राहवे नम: ॥
॥ Om Bhram Bhreem Bhroum Sah : Rahave Namah॥
Simple Remedies to Getting Rid of Rahu Dosha
- Perform the Shradh of your dead ancestors timely every year.
- Chant the mantras related to Rahu 108 times every Monday and Saturday during the Rahu Kaal.
- Apply Saffron Tilak after worshipping Lord Rahu.
- Donate clothes and food to the poor and needy on a monthly basis.
- Do not wear blue-coloured clothes while donating things.
- Donate a coconut and Gangajal in a nearby temple on every Amavasya.
- Wearing Ashtamukhi (8) Rudraksha Mala helps to eliminate the inauspicious effects of Rahu.
DevDarshan is a platform that provides various Online puja and services for devotees. Click here to get your online puja bookings done. If you’re interested in knowing more about the rich history, culture, astrology and temples of India, then download the DevDarshan App on your mobile phone now